nedjelja, 5. veljače 2012.

Splitting parts with My3id Gaming and taking on a new challenge

After somewhat over three years I'm splitting parts with My3id Gaming again. I say again, because we've come to mutual understanding it's the best for both of us, just as it was back in 08. I've had a great time with the team and I wish them a lot of good luck in future.



German based City liga has opened their doors to international drivers fully this year. They have been taking guest drivers all thru the years, but with new encouragement they've made this year, they've managed to gather tight competition from all over the world. I've always favoured this type of leagues. Great variety of it all keeps the fun sky high. I guess it stayed with me from the old times and balkanian leagues. My old friends from Cro Team Racing are now also involved with this league and it will be great to see some old friends around. Germany itself has always had some of the best drivers and judging by the prequal results their involvement hasn't declined this year either with seven German drivers in top 15 in prequal. However the top two spots have been taken away from them by Italian Maurizio Naselli and myself. Amazingly top 27 drivers from prequal that was held on two combos which times are then combined, that will make the grid 1, are all inside one second from the leader.

City liga is an old type of the league, where you are taking on a new car with every next round. They've made an equal combination with three open wheeler and three GTR rounds rounded up with four road-car rounds to complete ten rounds. There isn't a certain part of the season where one type of cars is used in repetition, so we're going to see a great variety thru the season and there's also a possibility for a different car from your competitors in four rounds, where you can pick the car from given class of cars.

City tracks are historically dominant configurations used by City liga. Next to South City rounds there are Aston and Kyoto with one round less and ultimately Fern Bay and Blackwood with a round each.

Interestingly City liga doesn't have a regular format of the races. They're different from round to round with some rounds being split up into two sprint races, other lasting an hour and some are even as long as grand prix race. To top off the challenge for everyone the quali format isn't standardized either. More on that with every new round.

City Liga has given me nice intro and a high target in their pre season preview. I hope I'll be able to match it.
"Niki is one of the best league drivers in LfS. In many races and leagues, he showed that he likes to win. He dominated the MoE 24h with his team in January. If Niki takes CityLiga serious, he is a hot aspirant for the title."

Read the full article from City Liga about competition here

The first round is this upcoming Monday evening. We're kicking off with FOX on tight streets of South City's Classic layout and it's infamous chicane. One lap quali, two 44 lap sprint races and a reversed grid of top half of finishers for second race. Sounds like a sweet nightmare to me. I don't particluarly like quali format, the track, or the car. So my targets are going to be realistic for this round. Top 5 and I'm more than happy.

Good luck to everyone, I know I'll need it.


League will be broadcasted and I'm sure organization will post links on LFS Forum in time.
Also, you can always visit City Liga's website for more.

2 komentara:

  1. niki care! kamo planiras poslije 3id?


    pozdrav od tamo nekog broja :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Ma kontam solirat malo, pa cemo vidjet sta bude.
    Poz i tebi kralju. :))

    OdgovoriIzbriši