srijeda, 22. veljače 2012.

City Liga - Round 2

Well, as you could see the track was extremely challenging. With two weeks to spare we had plenty of time exploring every little bit of it and by the end of practice there were three of us standing out. Patrick, Paddi and myself. The rest were slightly off pace. I remember Patrick saying that he hasn't done this much practice for a race in a very long time. Seems like some boundaries were pushed. I had a lot of fun chasing those faster and faster times with you guys.

We had a two shot qualifying in a 15 minute session and I set the pole position time on my first run. Paddi and Patrick were slightly off. I spectated their second run and when I saw that my first City Liga pole position was secured, I used my 2nd shot to get up to speed with race setup. Paddi was 2nd on the grid and Patick only 10th.

Unfortunately for me, my computer completely screwed the things for me. The FPS dropped down under 20ish with the whole grid packed together and with my oversteery race setup, which was necessary  to make tires last the distance, I didn't dare to push the exits. It was really weird and frustrating, because the day before we did a test race with nearly a full grid and things were ok. So, I suddenly found myself all the way down in 6th with decent gaps between each driver and half a race to go. The despair was only emotion I could feel. Instead of fighting for victory I would have a hard time even getting on the podium, with no fault of my own. Of course I would be quicker than the drivers ahead of me, but I could never push too much because of the risky track and the tires which just lasted the race. I'd manage to climb up to 4th only. I collect more points than in Round 1 though, but it's still very disappointing after starting from pole position. Paddi won the race easily and took the lead of championship with Daniel and Patrick completing the podium.

Next couple of races are on standard LFS tracks and I'll be looking to keep my title hopes alive.

Also I'm planning on making a little video with voice commentary of my own from a fight with Basti, this weekend or the next week, when I should have a bit more free time.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar