utorak, 3. siječnja 2012.

Introduction

Coming across a very interesting documentary film called a Virtual Revolution gave an idea to start my own blog. Why not, I have plenty of free time and a part of my life that I can't really share with many people in my real life as there isn't many interested in sim racing living around me. Perhaps neither you are, but most likely that's not the case. If you came across this you probably already know basics of sim racing. It's highly competitive virtual environment created for close racing. The point of this would be just to share stuff related to racing, for free in hope to open opportunities for myself and the others.

The simulator I am using is called Live for Speed and this is by far the most realistic platform when it comes to car feeling and physics simulation. Obviously the things that are the most important to a hardcore sim racer. I won't argue if iRacing, rFactor or whatever is more realistic for the moment, but just bear this in mind... Valtteri Bottas, Kevin Kivekas, Nick Catsberg, Norbi Kiss, Christian Krognes, Dennis Lind and quite a few other LFS'ers climbing up the letters of real life motorsports. Also Hugo Luis and Jesse Niemenen (my teammates) joining iRacing from LFS and beating Greger Huttu (the guy that was dominating it for years) right away.


I'm hooked to  what's become a way of life, ever since I first came across LFS which was now six and a half years ago, at the age of 16. I always loved cars and racing. I've been religious fan of F1 since 98... and I played some sims like RBR and GTR2 before, but offline. It's the closeness of online racing that got me hooked. The thrill of the chase, pass, or simply a fastest lap, it just has to be experienced. As I was very young it took me a year and a half to invest in buying a full license for the sim, nevertheless it was best money ever invested. 

Ever since then lfsworld.net is tracking my online stats and so far in those past 5 years I've driven a 379205 Km and won 1823 in 4584 races., also currently holding 3 World Records. As you can see I'm quite a bit experienced and therefor I have excess to the most competitive races out there. Most of those wins are from a 5 lap races on pick up public servers, but it's the leagues where the real experience of racing is found. It's when you battle your opponent for an hour or more in sweat that thrill of success is far greater.

To finish todays blog I want to give you a preview of what's to come. The historically longest and most competitive challenge is ahead of us. The 7th annual 24 hours of Aston GP in Masters of Endurance. I am defending honors of My3id Gaming together with Tomek Nogieć, Joni Tormala and Jarno Lehikoinen. To follow the race give us a like on Facebook and Twitter

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar