četvrtak, 15. ožujka 2012.

Perfect race ending in a disaster

Round 2 - Qualifying 

Round 2 of GT1 Challenge has seen us move to my favorite track. Pole position with the margin of 0.62sec on Aston North was always going to mean I'd be of for a lonely race if I managed to stay ahead on the start and that's exactly how it started off. Krasi went thru from P5 to P2 in first few corners and was the main rival. Joni hasn't even showed up, as I've heard he's busy with iRacing. So, I started building the gap and managing my tires as there was nothing else to do, until we reached in about 15 minutes before end of the race. I cought up with some backmarkers and just a small lapse of concentration has seen me follow them thru corckscrew into a disaster catching the inside tires which sent me off to outside tires and into a spin. This kind of mistake hasn't happened to me in years. Nevertheless a 13 second gap ensured I'd still stay in the lead. Few laps later I went in for my mandatory pit stop. I wouldn't think the flatspots from spin were all that bad, so I stayed with the same tires and that's what the real mistake was. Two laps to the end, the tire that suffers the most, rear right, and the tire that cought the most flatspots in the spin punctured. Another pit stop and I'm down to disappointing 8th.

We've seen Krasi puncture the same tire in last corner to practically hand victory to Piotr from Conquest. Paul from evo went thru to complete the podium.

Round 2 - Race results

It's very unfortunate that race ended the way it did for me, but I'm happy to see the pace. Perhaps it won't be this way in every race, as I can't put this amount of time in every race, due to City Liga and closeness of that championship, but when I happen to have the same situation I'm sure I'll come on top of it.

Interestingly, I'm equal 3rd in championship, just like in City Liga. We're off to South City Long rev for next round, just a day after extremely difficult City Liga round on Westhill with LX6. Krasi is currently leading the championship, but 14kg of extra ballast might be quite a handicap for him. So, that will be quite interesting to see how it plays out.

Championship standings

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar